Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

Here...I have a zero turn JD mower and the arm handles are

Customer Question

Customer: Hi, ***** ***** here...I have a zero turn JD mower and the arm handles are 'even' when at rest, but when you accelerate, i need to move one of the arms further ahead of the other to keep straight line. Hope this makes sense. Is this something i can fix on my own....i have some technical savvy. Thanks
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: When I move forward with the mower and accelerate, i push both steering control arms forward. In my case i need to push one of the steering control arms out further than the other arm to keep the mower going forward in a straight line.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Small Engine Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure...I'm in canada...do you take CAD $?....at par?
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 11 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** welcome to Just Answer what model is your John Deere ?. There are a few things that could cause this . To eliminate the simple things have you checked the air pressure in both tires to make sure they have the same pressure ? , also a stuck or worn brake on one side will cause it to be slower on one side .

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thx, i have not checked any of that but will do so, probably this Saturday. The model is Z445 JD.
Regards,
EricV

Ok Eric . Let me know what you find out

Hopefully it's something simple and not a pump problem etc