Donald
Donald, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  I have 25+ years of experience repairing 2 & 4 cycle engines
72377906

I have a honda hs 622 snowblower it was given to me start

Customer Question

i have a honda hs 622 snowblower it was given to me start fine when i turn choke off ran great for while then it just died i put choke on fired rite back up no it is already warmed up at this point to an go to turn choke of an dies trun it back on runs fine so i kept going after a couple times not it hardly runs on or off choke just spits an sputters if i hit it with a touch of starting spray smooths rite out for few secs an same thing so i just cleaned carb to see if helps new plug an gas an idea what might be issue
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.

Hello, and thank you for choosing Just Answer. My name is***** will be happy to assist you. If your engine will run smoothly for a brief prriod, after you spray in starting fluid, this indicates that you still have a partially clogged jet, or fuel passage inside the body of your carburetor.

Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.

You can remove the fuel bowl from your carburetor. Use a small wire, and some carburetor cleaner in a can, to clean your main jet, and your fuel bowl. If this does not work for you, you will need to remove your carburetor, give it a more detailed cleaning. This includes total disassembly, and soaking.

Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.

You and I can continue from here. Thanks!