JohnF2015
JohnF2015, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Owner/Service Technician at S & J Small Engines
87465640

Ok. lets see if I can explain this. I have a Generac model

Customer Question

Ok. lets see if I can explain this.
I have a Generac model GP7500E and I found that the carburetor was no good inside the needle was eaten away by the gas. So I ordered a new one due to the fact that one can not purchase a rebuild kit in the US or anywhere else for that matter.
Put in the new Carburetor and had to recharge the battery tried to start it and it wouldn't start. could you please help me out with this issue.
Thank you
Don
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 11 months ago.

Hi, my name is***** will be assisting you.

What happens if you spray a little carburetor cleaner or fuel directly into the throat of the carburetor? Will the engine at least fire and act like it wants to run?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I'm sorry to say that I haven't tried that. will do in the am.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Will talk with you in the am thanks to late and to dark to do any work on it now.

I normally sign on here at around 8:00 AM Eastern time so I will be waiting to hear back from you.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Good morning John.
Sorry that I haven't got back to you, just had my morning coffee and now I'm getting ready to go out and do what you gave me for an answer, will get back to you just as soon as I get back. Have to recharge the battery again also.
I do know that I'm getting gas to the carburetor.

Good morning,

I am wondering though if the fuel is actually getting through the carburetor jetting. With a new carburetor you wouldn't think that would be an issue. It may be the fuel solenoid on the carburetor as well. That's what this check will help us to determine. Let me know what you find out.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hello again John.
Well this morning I was in the cold very early, and low and behold while doing what you asked I thought to my self . Did I pull the plug to see just how bad that was answer ( A big No ) So I did bad real bad must have been in there when the person first got it. well anyway got a new one put it in and. now it started my bad.
Thank you anyway for the help. Now all you have to do is tell me how I pay the rest that I owe you.
Have a Happy New Year and take care.
Don LeBlanc

I am sorry that it was that simple. It sounds like you have solved the issue at this point however, so good for you.

Thank you it has been a pleasure to assist you.

Please take a moment to rate your experience.