Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a cub cadet hydrostatic model LT1042. I parked the

Customer Question

Customer: Hi I'm Ken. I have a cub cadet hydrostatic model LT1042. I parked the tractor in the shed and it hasn't been started for a few weeks. I had to jump the tractor today as the battery is getting old. However, I was able to start it and now the tractor does not want to go forward or backward.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: First off I am from Laramie. Glad to see a graduate from WyoTech. The engine seems to be running a little fast, but not real abnormal. I was able to engage the deck. The brake system is working fine. There is no movement at all when I press down on the pedal.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Small Engine Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: I have things I have to do. Just wanted to move it so I can rearrange things for the winter.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Transmission is not electrical, it would not matter if battery was dead. Is the top pulley on the transmission turning? It should be turning when the engine is running, and brake is released. If not, belt may be off one of the pulleys. Or will the unit roll in free wheel? If not ,the brakes are locked.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Drive belt arrangement.