Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

Bob.........place gear stick into gear and it pops back to

Customer Question

Customer: Bob.........place gear stick into gear and it pops back to neutral.....what kund of gear lube do you use for the gear box?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: just that you try and slide it into gear and it pops back either way forward or backwards.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Small Engine Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: I will try you and see if I am satisfied........
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 11 months ago.

Hi, my name is***** will be assisting you.

Can you give me a bit more information about your problem? What kind of equipment is this on? Brand? Model? Does it pop back out right away or only when you release the clutch or after you have been driving for a little while? Does it have more than one gear? Does it do the same thing in all gears?