JohnF2015
JohnF2015, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Owner/Service Technician at S & J Small Engines
87465640

Generac-NP-52G Starts but fuel pump drops out after crank up

Customer Question

Customer: Generac-NP-52G Starts but fuel pump drops out after crank up oil pressure sw ok temp sw ok jump #14 to #15 on control relay and unit runs fine see no output to batt. charge rectifier
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: seems to be no ac output either but one issue at a time
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Small Engine Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: No problem
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

So,I have no information. I will opt out, so someone else can help.

Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is***** will be assisting you.

If you have no AC output then you need to fix it, once you get it fixed the running issue will solve itself. You have to have AC output from the genset in order to keep the run relay activated, if you don't have AC output from the genset then the run relay will not stay active and will cause the fuel pump to not operate. I would suggest solving your AC output issue first which should result in the unit operating properly.

Has the unit been sitting for a while since last use? If so you may need to excite the genset windings in order to get the unit to produce AC voltage. You can do this by using an electric non reversible drill. If you need additional assistance feel free to ask.

Thank you it has been a pleasure to assist you.

Please take a moment to rate your experience.