Briggs-Fan
Briggs-Fan, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  over 15 years experience in small engine repair, multiple certifications
75998144

I have a /S 375 sprint engine in my mower. Someone

Customer Question

I have a B/S 375 sprint engine in my mower. Someone "borrowed" the governor springs etc. I know the basics of setting up the governor, however, my engine has another arm which attaches to a shaft that comes out of the back of the c/case and obviously attaches to the throttle somehow, as a governor. My engine also has the flag air vane for governor, so I have 2 governor controls? I have not seen this on any other B/S engines.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 11 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** welcome to Just Answer is this what your set up looks like ? .

It should have 2 springs , the metal bracket goes from the govenor arm to the throttle of the carburetor , then the 2 springs attach to the loop on the metal bracket . The one larger spring goes back to the throttle and the small one attaches to the bracket

Hi was this your carburetor linkage set up ?

Hi have you had a chance to see if your carburetor linkage is like the pictures I attached ?