green-owl
green-owl,
14666028

A stick is jammed onto the auger of my 1028 snowthrower. How

Customer Question

A stick is jammed onto the auger of my 1028 snowthrower. How can I remove it? Thanks.
Category: Small Engine
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
A stick is jammed into the auger of my Toro 1028 LXE electric start snowthrower. I need to remove it. Thanks.
Expert:  green-owl replied 11 months ago.

Hi. I don't know the particular mechanic of that one but you should be able to disassemble enough of it to be able to detach it to have it turn freely (at least as free as it can get with a stick in it). I assume it is the kind of wood stick used to limit the corner of a driveway? If so it might be able to reduce a bit in size simply by bringing it in a heated garage as the ice in the wood will melt. You can also spay/seep a bit of vegetable oil in there in hope that it will be able to get out when you turn the mechanism manually backward. As a last resort i would try to burn it if no rubber strap of any kind is near (that is why i mentioned vegetable oil because if you need to burn it you don't want any accelerent in there).

Another thing you can try if you seem some access spot is to weaken it with drill holes until it can break and be removed in smaller part.

... or simply bended enough to be pulled out like a rope/chain.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** you did not answer my original question, which I followed up on after this answer, My problem is with the transmission, and how I can free it up so I can untangle the wire caught in the auger.

At this link:

https://www.toro.com/intl/ca_en/home/snowthrowers/gastwostage/1028lxe.html#

Click on the customer care link at the top left and enter 1028 LXE as the model number. You will get a selection of years (they are usually similar but try to remember the year of yours). Select the service manual (gladly those are available to customer and not just dealers). You then have disassembly covering sections.