JohnF2015
JohnF2015, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Owner/Service Technician at S & J Small Engines
87465640

Choke on a tecumseh OHSK 80-130 snowblower engine
, had

Customer Question

Customer: ***** ***** - choke on a tecumseh OHSK 80-130 snowblower engine
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: had a problem starting, then cleaned-out the gas line. Got gas to the carb, started engine, but had to keep it choked and wouldn't keep running.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Small Engine Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 11 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you.

Since you are having to keep it choked in order for it to run, is sounds like the jets in the carburetor are stopped up or partially stopped up anyway. If you will remove the bowl from the bottom of the carburetor you can clean the holes that are in the nut or bolt that holds the bowl on these holes serve as the main jets for the carburetor. There will be three or four holes depending on the age of the unit, two will run parallel to each other in the bottom sides of the nut, one will be right at the threads on the nut, either just below the threads on older units or just above the threads on newer units, then the other will be right down through the top center of the nut or bolt on newer units. Make certain that all of these holes a thoroughly cleaned and it should solve your problem.

Thank you it has been a pleasure to assist you.

Please take a moment to rate your experience.