Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a Onan 4kyfa26100k when I push the start switch it

Customer Question

Hi, I have a Onan 4kyfa26100k when I push the start switch it sounds like the starter solenoid is not engaging the starter, just a loud wine.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 11 months ago.

Hi, my name is***** will be assisting you.

This sounds like the battery voltage is low and not kicking the starter bendix up into the flywheel far enough to engage and turn the engine over. The first thing that I would do is check the battery that supplies power to the unit for starting. The best way to check it is a load test so that you can tell what the battery voltage is under a load, if it is dropping below 8 volts under a load then the battery is going to be a problem.