Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have not had a ***** ***** to wire switch over panel and

Customer Question

Customer: I have not had a ***** ***** to wire switch over panel and we have had an ice strom. Borrowed a patch cord and plugged into exterior outlet and backfed into house. Shut main ff at panel. Only some of the circuits are on. Soe have no power to them?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: breakers are on. to everything except 220.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Small Engine Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: no [roblem if you think it can be corrected.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 11 months ago.

The way a breaker box is made, it has two sets of circuit bars. You are back feeding into only one bar, so every other breaker in the breaker box will be dead. With single entry, through plug, you will not have all outlets working.