Briggs-Fan
Briggs-Fan, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  over 15 years experience in small engine repair, multiple certifications
75998144

I believe that petrol is getting into sump after a few days

Customer Question

Customer: I believe that petrol is getting into sump after a few days oil very thin
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: not much as after a week working there is to much oil in sump I am mtrying to find out what is putting more licquid insump
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Small Engine Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sorry just going out I will try again tomorrow
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 11 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** welcome to Just Answer if your getting gas mixed in the oil the issue is the carburetor the needle isn't sealing with the inlet valve so then when the float closes the gas still bypasses the needle and comes up through the carburetor and runs down into the crankcase . To fix it the carburetor has to be removed and rebuilt and then the oil drained . What type of motor do you have ?

Hi have you had a chance to remove the carburetor , whatever you do do not run it with the gas in the oil. You will damage the engine

Hi have you had a chance to check the carburetor on your engine ?