Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

Name is Denny. Have a case 1818 skidloader with an Onan

Customer Question

Customer: Name is***** a case 1818 skidloader with an Onan engine. Running ok when I shut it off. When I restarted, it is only firing on one cylinder. Pulled spark plug and it looks fine.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Engine runs only on one cylinder. Was running just fine, I shut it off, went to start it a few days later and it is only running on one cylinder.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Small Engine Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Okay
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

With spark plug wire off, do you have spark if you hold wire close to the metal of the engine? Need to see if it is sparking,. if it has spark, then need to check the compression, may have a valve stuck or rocker off.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

May not be spark problem!