Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

P. I have a Deere D100, it starts and dies right away. Fuel

Customer Question

Customer: ***** ***** P. I have a John Deere D100, it starts and dies right away. Fuel pump is working. Never had a mower with wires coming off flaot bow
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: It starts but will only run about two seconds and will not re start until I wait a few minutes. then it starts and dies right away again.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Small Engine Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 11 months ago.

Wires on float bowl is solenoid that plugs the main jet passage. It has to stay open as long as key is on. It has to have 12 volts at all times the key is on.

If bowl is held on with two screws, you can remove solenoid and plug hole for test. If solenoid holds on the bowl. you would have to replace with a bowl bolt from another Briggs for test.