JohnF2015
JohnF2015, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Owner/Service Technician at S & J Small Engines
87465640

My name is ***** *****. how do you bypass the low oil

Customer Question

Customer: my name is ***** *****. how do you bypass the low oil switch?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have a Honda gx 340 generator engine. Have no spark to the spark plug.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Small Engine Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes, that is okay
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 11 months ago.

Hi, my name is***** will be assisting you.

Locate the normally yellow wire that is coming out of the side of the engine block opposite of the carburetor and unplug the wire from the rest of the wiring at the connector this will eliminate the oil sensor and if it were a problem you should now have spark when checked. If you still have no spark then my next step would be to replace the little igniter box that is located on the side of the engine block and the wires go into it.

Thank you it has been a pleasure to assist you.

Please take a moment to rate your experience.