Donald
Donald, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  I have 25+ years of experience repairing 2 & 4 cycle engines
72377906

I have a 17hp motor its blowing oil out the breather what is

Customer Question

hi I have a 17hp motor its blowing oil out the breather what is the problem thanks
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.

Hello, and thank you for choosing Just Answer. My name is Donald. I will be happy to assist you. You stated that you put more oil in. Did you check your oil level afterwards, to see if your oil level is too high? Also, have you checked to see if your oil smell like gas is mixed in with it?

Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.

If the condition of your oil, and your oil level is ok, I would check the breather assembly next. It has a one way check valve that could be sticking, or blocked.

Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.

If your breather assembly is ok, you could have a blown head gasket, worn piston rings, worn valve guides, etc. You will need to perform a leak down, in order to be exact. We can continue from here. Thanks!