JohnF2015
JohnF2015, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Owner/Service Technician at S & J Small Engines
87465640

I have two k760 concrete saws. Lately they won't run under a

Customer Question

I have two k760 concrete saws. Lately they won't run under a load. Start easy and eccelerate no issues until they begin to cut. They cut out like they're out of fuel. I've changed the head, piston and rings and then a new carburetor. No change. I'm stumped.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 11 months ago.

Hi, my name is***** will be assisting you.

Have you checked the flywheel key? Did you replace the fuel filter? Based on the information that you have provided it sounds like you have done everything that could possibly be a problem. If the key is partially sheared it could be throwing the ignition timing off just enough that it has no power under load to run or continue running. Did you replace the fuel filter?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Did not check flywheel key and don't know if there is a fuel filter. Any idea where the fuel filter would be?

The fuel filter is inside the fuel tank, it will be attached to the end of the fuel line down inside the tank. It could be that the fuel filter is partially blocked so that it is not allowing enough fuel to flow through it when the machine is under a load. Not very likely since you say it accelerates good and seems to run good until you put it in a cut but might be worth checking or replacing. You may want to check or replace it before you go too much further with checking other things.

Thank you it has been a pleasure to assist you.

Please take a moment to rate your experience.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I'll check that, thanks.

I hope that the information provided helps you to get the machines up and working properly again. Thank you it has been a pleasure to assist you today.