JohnF2015
JohnF2015, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Owner/Service Technician at S & J Small Engines
87465640

My Snapper Snow Blower does everything but drive the wheels.

Customer Question

My Snapper Snow Blower does everything but drive the wheels. I ordered and replaced the friction disk and cleaned the oil off the "flywheel" but it still does not drive with any torque. It tries and the disk is in contact with the flywheel but not with any power. It is obviously slipping??
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is***** will be assisting you.

After looking at a parts diagram of your machine it does not appear to have any adjustments on the drive system. The only other thing that I do see is the possibility of the belt from the engine down to the flywheel that drives the wheels could be stretched out and allowing the flywheel drive belt to slip and not spin the flywheel as it should. I don't see anything else in the drive system that would cause a problem unless your engaging brackets are sticking and not allowing the drive disc to fully contact the flywheel.

Thank you it has been a pleasure to assist you. If you need additional information feel free to ask.

Please take a moment to rate your experience.