Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I just replaced 2 Auger blade bolts on newer Honda 928

Customer Question

Customer: I just replaced 2 Auger blade bolts on newer Honda 928 snowblower and now pull start rope is frozen!? ***** ***** B
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Pull Rope will not pull.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Small Engine Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Vince O. replied 11 months ago.

Hello, did you have the machine tilted or on its side?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Actually just backwards into handle
Bars while replacing auger bolts

The cylinder could be filled with oil creating a hydro lock. Remove the spark plug and place a rag in the plug hole area and pull the rope slowly to listen and look for oil coming out. It could get messy.

If the cylinder does have oil in it the engine will smoke like hell for a minute or two when started.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Then What?

Just run it until it quits smoking then wipe up any oil mess that may come out the muffler Let it cool and recheck oil level.

If the rope is still hard to pull you may need to repeat the process. Be sure to clean oil out of the plug too