Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

My name is ***** *****... and I need info on a Briggs to

Customer Question

Customer: My name is ***** *****... and I need info on a Briggs to Tecumseh engine swap...
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: it is a snowblower project given to me by deceased father... it is an Ariens 910017 which references a Tec HM80-155020 8HP engine but on the frame is a briggs 8 HP I want whatever engine replacement models that are available so I can either verify the present engine (andor) find a replacment thx...
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Small Engine Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yep how is payment done? PayPal?
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 11 months ago.

The easiest would be to replace the Briggs engine with a like Briggs. The Tecumseh is much harder to come by, likely the reason it was swapped to a Briggs. Need the numbers off the Briggs engine. Will be stamped into the recoil housing, near the spark plug area. Will be example(###) ###-####B1.