JohnF2015
JohnF2015, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Owner/Service Technician at S & J Small Engines
87465640

I have a Honda GX200 electric start water pump, can you

Customer Question

I have a Honda GX200 electric start water pump, can you explain why there would be fuel in the crank case ?? Regards Rob
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

Hi Rob, my name is***** will be assisting you.

The only reason that you would get fuel in the crankcase is if the float valve is not sealing in the carburetor. This would allow fuel to continue to flow through the carburetor and would end up in the crankcase. You will need to replace the float valve and clean the bore of the carburetor where it fits into in order to solve this problem. Be careful however because sometimes you can purchase a complete carburetor for what the repair parts would cost to repair your old carburetor.

Thank you it has been a pleasure to assist you. If you need additional assistance feel free to ask.

Please take a moment to rate your experience.