Donald
Donald, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  I have 25+ years of experience repairing 2 & 4 cycle engines
72377906

I have and MTD 13AV604G671 ride on mower. Has been working

Customer Question

Hi
I have and MTD 13AV604G671 ride on mower.
Has been working fine since it was bestowed on me after a deceased estate three months ago.
Now the cutting blades do not want to stay engaged once activated by the switch.
I was wondering if there is a common cause or would you point me in the right direction for analysis of the problem
Cheers
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.

Hello Richard. Thank you for choosing Just answer. My name is***** will be happy to assist you.

Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.

How long will your blades remain activated, before disengaging?

Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.

Many times when this problem occurs, I always like to check the condition of the battery first. If your battery will not maintain a full charge, as you are out mowing, your pto clutch will shut off, due to a drop in your battery voltage.

Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.

Test your battery condition first. If your battery is okay, check to make sure your charging system is working properly, and replenishing your battery voltage, when your pto clutch is in use.

Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.

If your battery, and your charging system is ok, check your pto switch, and check for a loose connection in your wires. If you have a tool for checking voltage, I can explain to you how to test your pto switch.

Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.

I will attach a link to a free manual for you. Manual - Click Here

Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.

We can continue from here. Thanks!

Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.

Hello Richard. This is just a follow up, to see if you need of additional assistance?