JohnF2015
JohnF2015, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Owner/Service Technician at S & J Small Engines
87465640

I HAVE A Onan Emerald Plus,6500 NHE Genset on my motorhome,

Customer Question

I HAVE A Onan Emerald Plus,6500 NHE Genset on my motorhome, how hard is it to add a 220v plug ?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 11 months ago.

Hi, my name is***** will be assisting you.

Being that it is mounted in a motor home this may be next to impossible. What you need to do is find two black power feed wires coming off of the genset somewhere close enough to each other that they can be wired into the 220 plug as well as a white and a ground. If you can locate two of them then you can add a plug easily but as I stated it may be next to impossible when you are working on a unit that is in a motor home because of the way that everything is wired into the motor home itself.

Thank you it has been a pleasure to assist you. If you have additional question feel free to ask.

Please take a moment to rate your experience.