JohnF2015
JohnF2015, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Owner/Service Technician at S & J Small Engines
87465640

Onan 4500 comercial no start, no spark

Customer Question

Onan 4500 comercial no start
, no spark
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 11 months ago.

Hi, my name is***** will be assisting you.

The first thing that I would check is the oil level. The majority of these machines have an oil sensor in the engine that is designed to kill the spark if the engine is low on oil. It is possible that if the machine is sitting on uneven ground or a slope that it could also keep it from firing. If you see no problems there then the next thing that I would do is get access to the ignition coil and unplug the small wire going to it and then see if you are getting spark. If you are then you know that there is something backwards in the wiring that is keeping the ignition from firing, if you are still not getting spark then the ignition coil is bad and will need to be replaced.

Thank you it has been a pleasure to assist you. If you have additional questions feel free to ask.

Please take a moment to rate your experience.