eddie22Island
eddie22Island,
90350505

My mom's garage door opener (MDD 139 53975SRT1)1/2 HP is

Customer Question

My mom's garage door opener (MDD 139 53975SRT1)1/2 HP is from Sears. She doesn't remember her code and her PAD ran out of battery power. Now that we put a new battery in the outside Pin Pad, is there a way to clear or re-enter a new number to open it from the outside? The remote will be the next problem!
Thanks,
Deena
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  eddie22Island replied 11 months ago.

Hi Deena ...........I can help you I am just helping out someone else right now............ I can get back to you probably with-in 2 hours or so if that's okay ......thank you if you can

eddie

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
That's fine. I'VE got other things I'm working on, so please let me know 😉

Okay Deena I am in between and going back and forth I will try to sneak you in ...........you might need assistance there from another person there if our preceding steps don't get you up and running......first you would want to To deactivate and erase all codes: Locate the "learn" button If I recall it might be a red square button with a terminal block of wires above that on motor unit. Press and hold that until the learn indicator light goes out (approximately 6 seconds). All previous codes are now erased. Now we have to reprogram each remote or key-less entry.

Press and release the "learn" button on motor unit. The learn indicator light will glow steadily for 30 seconds.

Within 30 seconds, enter a four digit personal identification number (PIN) of your choice on the keypad. Then press and hold the ENTER button.

Release the button when the motor unit lights blink. It has learned the code. If light bulbs are not installed, two clicks will be heard. To change an existing, known PIN If the existing PIN is known, it may be changed by one person without using a ladder.

Press the four buttons for the present PIN, then press and hold the # ***** The opener light will blink twice. Release the # *****

Press the new 4-digit PIN you have chosen, then press Enter. The motor unit lights will blink once when the PIN has been learned. Test by pressing the new PIN, then press Enter. The door should move.

let's try this and let me know if it is what you needed to do.......if it doesn't work at first read and try it again

if not I have one other procedure to go thru

eddie

okay I will check back later tonight..........let me know how it is going

eddie