Donald
Donald, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  I have 25+ years of experience repairing 2 & 4 cycle engines
72377906

T2AVB240711 / 1D2L1K30039 GCV160LAO / SSA NH1 / GJAKA /

Customer Question

T2AVB240711 / 1D2L1K30039
GCV160LAO / SSA NH1 / GJAKA / 22777491
1) My engine races, stops racing; continuously.
2) My self propelled right front wheel inside plastic wheel hub/guard; gets grass between it and the wheel preventing the wheel from turning. the gap is so great that the grass cannot be prevented from getting in between.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Donald replied 11 months ago.

Hello, and thank you for choosing Just Answer. My name is***** will be happy to assist you.

Expert:  Donald replied 11 months ago.

How long has it been since your engine last started up and performed to your satisfaction?

Expert:  Donald replied 11 months ago.

You stated that your engine races and stop racing continuously. Your engine is very likely surging, due to your carburetor starving for fuel. First, check to see if you are getting a continuous flow of fuel from your fuel tank, to your carburetor. If so, then you likely have either a clogged jet, or clogged fuel passage inside your carburetor.

Expert:  Donald replied 11 months ago.

You will need to give your carburetor a really good cleaning. You can use a small wire, and some carburetor cleaner in a can, to clean the small jets, and fuel passages inside the body of your carburetor. In most cases, it is best to soak your carburetor, prior to cleaning it. If you have an air compressor, follow up with some compressed air, after rinsing your carburetor thoroughly.

Expert:  Donald replied 11 months ago.

Remove your wheel, and check for worn parts on your wheel assembly. Pay close attention, to your wheel dust cover. We can continue from here. Thanks!