Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

22" walk behind propelled Ran low on oil Locked up so what

Customer Question

22" walk behind propelled
Ran low on oil
Locked up so what is next?
Phil
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

Hi Phil, my name is***** will be assisting you.

Unless it is a high end machine costing $500 - $600 dollars to purchase a new one I would recommend a new machine. To repair the engine would cost more than a new engine and in most cases a new engine cost as much as a new machine when you are looking at some of the low to intermediate machines that Toro sells. To repair the engine would cost $300+, to replace it could be in the same price range. Some of the machines don't cost much more than that new, however if it is one of the upper end machines then that cost 500 - 600 to replace then I would suggest a replacement engine would be the best way to repair the machine and get it back to working condition.