Donald
Donald, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  I have 25+ years of experience repairing 2 & 4 cycle engines
72377906

I have a fastrak and it will not go lower than 2 1/2''

Customer Question

hi i have a hustler fastrak and it will not go lower than 2 1/2'' setting.just rides on spring pressure, is this normal?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.

Hello, and thank you for choosing Just Answer. My name is***** will be happy to assist you.

Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.

Were you having this same problem, prior to you making adjustments to your deck? Can you get the model numbers from your mower, for me? I would like to pull up a diagram of your deck settings.

Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.

We can continue from here. Thanks!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
was having problem before adjustments,dont have model number at moment
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
PS hi donald,thank you
Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.

You are very welcome! Did this problem occur suddenly, or gradually, over a period of time? Before this problem occurred, what was the lowest setting you were able to set your deck at? These are only troubleshooting questions.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
gradually,it seems to be getting higher,all i can think of is the deck spring being the problem.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i've only just started to use ride on mowers,second hand unit had it about 6months
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2 1/2'' was the lowest i wanted to go as grass was green and lush(.not now though)
Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Thank you for the information above. I found the model numbers for your mower, and I pulled up a service manual, with your deck leveling procedures. I suggest that you drive your mower back onto a level surface, and double check, to make sure everything is just the same as when you first leveled your deck. Double check the air pressure in each of your wheels. Use your stacked 2" X 4" boards to check your height again. Check the length of your Deck Lift Assist Spring.

Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.

Double check the gauge wheels on your deck. If you discover that you have properly, and correctly leveled your deck, as described in your manual, then this is as low as your deck will go.

Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.

We can continue from here. Thanks!