Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I bought a walk behind mower, Deere JS28 in early 2015. Did

Customer Question

I bought a walk behind mower, John Deere JS28 in early 2015. Did not use it over the summer because of our drought. We've had rainfalls and my lawn has grown.
It was so easy to start prior to the inactivity but now I can't start the mower!
What do I need to do? Is there a service center I can take it to in my area?
Union City, Fremont, Newark area?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  eddie22Island replied 1 year ago.

did you try seeing if it was still under warranty? what exactly is happening when you do try to start it ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Oooops. Found ops manual, actually bought it in July, 1012. It was starting so easily all this time, felt like new.
As I pull the starter cord, motor just wants to start but won't. Maybe fuel is not getting fired?
I'm going offline in a moment. Thanks for your help.

it could be anyone of a dozen of things so we have to narrow it down........since you have been having problems has it ran a little then shut down?