Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

My Q-55G has hot to starter solenoid but goes no further.is

Customer Question

my Q-55G has hot to starter solenoid but goes no further.is the problem the engine controller?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Are you getting battery voltage to the switch terminal on the starter solenoid when start is selected? Or you get no battery voltage to the main switch?

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

If the switch terminal at the starter solenoid gets voltage, the solenoid would not be closing. If you jump the battery cable terminal on the starter solenoid, to the switch terminal on the same solenoid, does engine crank?

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

What is battery voltage? Should be above 13 volts if fully charged!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i do not know what your answer means. iam not satisfied at all. please do not bill me for this answer.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

I gather you don't have a voltmeter to test with. With no knowledge to check the unit, I would find a professional to check the unit. Replacing an engine controller is high priced trouble shooting, just to find out that battery may be dead.