Donald
Donald, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  I have 25+ years of experience repairing 2 & 4 cycle engines
72377906

I have weedeater hydrostatic model wex185h42 and when i rev

Customer Question

I have weedeater hydrostatic model wex185h42 and when i rev her to go faster with lever pushed forward she will not respond if anything she seems to go slower
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.

Hello Gerry. Thank you for choosing Just Answer. My name is***** will be happy to assist you.

Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.

I would like to ask you some troubleshooting questions.

Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.

Did our problem occur suddenly, or gradually, over a period of time? We can continue from here. Thanks!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Gradually
Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for your response. Do you have the same problem, when backing up, in reverse?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no I forgot to mention I just use this as a ride-on tractor as the cutting deck has been removed and I just use it in a large yard giving
rides to the grandkids on a trailer I built for it.
Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for this information. Have you checked your drive belt? If it is loose, worn, or slipping, this could be the cause of our problem.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am in the process of changing the drive belt as it seems alittle worn and I was wondering would there be a problem with the Transaxle. I only bought this machine a few months ago and I am only becoming familiar with it now also is there a way to tighten the
drivebelt when i put it on
Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.

Your new drive belt should be tight enough, as long as the running surfaces of your pulleys are not worn. Your transaxle is very likely ok. Your new drive belt will confirm this. How big is your trailer? Is it very heavy?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I dont think it is too big because the tractor seems to have no problem pulling it when throttle is at half mast but it is just when I push the throttle to full blast the tractor does not seem to go any faster
Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.

I would give the new drive belt a try. If this does not work, we can continue from here.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will try the new drive belt a try. Thanks very much for your help Gerry
Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.

Gerry, you are very welcome! I do hope all goes well for you.