JohnF2015
JohnF2015, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Owner/Service Technician at S & J Small Engines
87465640

I have a 10K Sears Craftsman generator. Model 580.327203. I

Customer Question

I have a 10K Sears Craftsman generator. Model###-##-####. I Bought it in 1999. Only run about 5 HOURS total. Testing the other day I found it will HUNT when the Automatic Idle switch is on. Only way I can make it run relatively smoothly at idle is to adjust idle speed with the manual choke lever . seems to run ok when idle control is off but still needs a little manual choke. What can be done to get it to idle smoothly without using the manual choke ?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is***** will be assisting you.

It sounds like the carburetor jet it partially stopped up. It is not getting enough fuel to run at a steady rpm without utilizing the choke a little bit to pull additional fuel into the carburetor. You will need to remove and thoroughly clean the carburetor jets which will solve your problem. If you need additional assistance feel free to ask I am here to assist you as much as I can.

Thank you it has been a pleasure to assist you.

Please take a moment to rate your experience.