Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have to replace my Tecumseh snowblower engine: Model

Customer Question

I have to replace my Tecumseh snowblower engine : Model #HMSK80 Spec: #155719X. I was wondering if there was a direct replacement, so I would not have to do any modifications. I realize Tecumseh is out of business, I just don't want to order a replacement engine that will require a lot of additional work, to make it work. Thank you in advance for your help.
Category: Small Engine
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the engine is on a Troy-Bilt 7528 snow blower, not sure if that is important.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Storm 7528"
Expert:  Vince O. replied 1 year ago.

Hello, here is a site you can call. They did not show your exact spec number but may still be able to help you.http://www.smallenginewarehouse.com/Repower-Old-Equipment/

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** have tried them, and that particular engine is not something they have a replacement for.
Expert:  Vince O. replied 1 year ago.

Their newer snow blowers have the MTD engines on them. but I'm not 100% sure on an exact fit. I'm not sure if MTD/ Troy bilt has someone that could tell you if the 208cc engine would replace it.