Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a 1985 Honda Big Red that has bee sitting few years

Customer Question

I have a 1985 Honda Big Red that has bee sitting for a few years and the choke is seized, I have removed the carburetor and tried numerous things but I cannot remove the choke. What do you suggest.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Is this the choke pin, with choke cable attached? Or does it have an actual flap in the throat? With stuck pin, sometimes tapping it in , will fee it up and get it where it will wiggle and pull out. But if not, best to just get another carburetor! I see plenty on Ebay , for not too much money!

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

If it has flap, can you get to the screws that hold the flap and remove them? Then you can drive the shaft out, to free it up