Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a 1985 Honda Big Red that has bee sitting few years

Customer Question

I have a 1985 Honda Big Red that has bee sitting for a few years and the choke is seized, I have removed the carburetor and tried numerous things but I cannot remove the choke. What do you suggest.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 12 months ago.

Is this the choke pin, with choke cable attached? Or does it have an actual flap in the throat? With stuck pin, sometimes tapping it in , will fee it up and get it where it will wiggle and pull out. But if not, best to just get another carburetor! I see plenty on Ebay , for not too much money!

If it has flap, can you get to the screws that hold the flap and remove them? Then you can drive the shaft out, to free it up