Hi, my name is***** will be assisting you.
Code 17 is a fuel pump code, you either have a faulty fuel pump or the connections are bad going to the fuel pump. I am including troubleshooting steps outlined by Onan to help you troubleshoot the issue.
Some genset service procedures present hazards that can result in severe personal injury
or death. Only trained and experienced persons with knowledge of fuels, electricity, and machinery
hazards should perform genset service. See Safety Precautions.
Logic: Only Active Prior to 2001 – Open fuel pump circuit at control
Possible Causes: Wire connections, harness leads, faulty fuel pump
Diagnosis & Repair:
1. Verify that Last Fault is FC 17: Yes, continue diagnosis; No, troubleshoot actual last fault.
2. Verify fuel pump operation in prime mode, if pump operates fault condition has been cleared verify har-
ness connections, no further troubleshooting.
3. HGJAA, D Check continuity across fuse F1.
4. Disconnect genset control P1 connector, verify P1 pins are fully inserted and inspect pin condition per
PSB–676: insert, repair or replace pins as necessary.
5. Reconnect P1 connector, prime genset to verify pump operation and test run genset for fault occurrence.
6. Measure continuity between E2 fuel pump leads; replace terminals or fuel pump as necessary.
7. Measure voltage between fuel pump E2 + and ground while priming; replace terminals, harness leads
or control as necessary.
I hope that this information helps you. Thank you it has been a pleasure to assist you.
Please take a moment to rate your experience.