Donald
Donald, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  I have 25+ years of experience repairing 2 & 4 cycle engines
72377906

I just finished rebuilding the carb on my Ariens snow

Customer Question

I just finished rebuilding the carb on my Ariens snow blower. I also replaced the fuel line. To get the fuel line back in the correctly I had to pull the starter unit off the front of the blower. When I reassembled it now pulls very hard.
Category: Small Engine
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.

Hello, and thank you for choosing Just Answer. My name is***** will be happy to assist you.

Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.

Did you notice if your rope was hard to pull, prior to you removing your starter unit? If not, first remove your spark plug, then try pulling your rope again. Let's see if your rope pulls easier, or if it still pulls hard. If your rope still pulls hard, I would remove the starter unit again, just to see if something is out of place, or misaligned. While you have your starter unit off, turn your flywheel by hand, to see if it turns hard, or if it turn as it normally would.

Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.

Before turning your flywheel by hand, re-insert your spark plug. We can continue from here. Thanks!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The starter rope was not hard to pull prior to taking the unit off. The only parts of this unit are the flywheel shield and the pull starter. I'm thinking that I must have misaligned something when reinstalling it. My next step I think is to remove just the pull starter and see if something is out of alignment and then reinstall.
Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for your response. I agree. Pull just the pull starter, then try turning your flywheel by hand. This will be an excellent starting point. Process of elimination...

Expert:  Donald replied 12 months ago.

Hello Keith. This is just a follow up, to see if all went well for you. Thanks!