Donald
Donald, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  I have 25+ years of experience repairing 2 & 4 cycle engines
72377906

My Club Cadet Zero factory number 53AA5A6L710 serial number

Customer Question

My Club Cadet Zero factory number 53AA5A6L710 serial number OJ153Z00026 has a problem with the power take off clutch for the deck. It will not engage and there is slippage of the belt.
What would the cause be? How can it be remedied? Is it a lubrication or an electrical problem?
In anticipation of an answer thanks.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.

Hello Ross. Thank you for choosing Just Answer. My name is***** will be happy to assist you.

Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.

I will need to ask you some troubleshooting questions as we go. Did this problem occur suddenly, or gradually, over a period of time?

Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.

Have you checked, to see if you are getting 12 volts, to your pto clutch? Can you hear your pto clutch clicking, when you turn your pto switch, on and off?

Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.

If you have a multimeter, first check, to see if you are getting 12 volts to your pto clutch. Also, check to see if you are getting a good ground to your pto clutch. This will help you and I determine if your pto clutch is at fault, or if you have an electrical problem.

Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.

Check to see if your deck belt is tight. The slippage of your belt could be due to it being loose or worn, or it could be due to your clutch being slightly worn.

Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.

How old is your battery? Will it maintain a full charge? If your battery is at fault, this can affect the performance of your pto clutch, as well. We can continue from here. Thanks!