Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a powerbase 2250 generator with a Briggs & Stratton

Customer Question

I have a Coleman powerbase 2250 generator with a Briggs & Stratton engine. Model 135212, type 0160 01, code(###) ###-#### 5HP. It has a very small gas tank and will only run 2-3 hrs. I would like to add a larger auxiliary extended run tank that would hold 5+ gallons. Can you recommend a kit or give me a list of the parts? I see many of these available for "suitcase" type small generators but I am not sure they will work on this engine.
Thanks,
D Copeland
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

The same fuel tanks for the suitcase style will work. All you need is to eliminate the fuel line from the existing fuel tank to the carburetor, and attach the fuel line from the new , larger tank. Tank just needs to be above engine, as engine has no fuel pump, gravity feed.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you- I will try this.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you.Please rate to close the question.