Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

Deere 626 with Kawasaki won't suck gas from tank. New fuel

Customer Question

John Deere 626 with Kawasaki won't suck gas from tank. New fuel pump. I can blow air back to tank. What's next. Getting fire to plug. Line to carb bad?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is***** will be assisting you.

Make sure that the pump was installed correctly, direction of flow in and out of pump is very critical. Is the pump coming on and running? Does fuel supply hose go into top of fuel tank or bottom of tank?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Goes in bottom. I get fuel to carb while cranking. Will run on ether. Plug shows fire when removed and held against frame
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Carb seems to be the trouble but where?
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

It is either the float valve not opening to allow fuel to enter the carburetor bowl, the carburetor jets may be stopped up not allowing fuel to pass through them or the fuel shut off solenoid is not operating properly to allow fuel to pass through the carburetor as it should. Can you tell if there is fuel in the carburetor bowl?