Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a sw3200 timecutter zero turn mower that was working

Customer Question

I have a sw3200 timecutter zero turn mower that was working perfectly until yesterday and it seems like a loss of power and hard to steer. seems like wheels are turning faster than mower is moving. Kind of skidding even on grass
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is***** will be assisting you.

The first place that I would look based on your information it to make certain that there is nothing hanging down from the machine that might be dragging on the ground which could catch and cause the machine to be slow to move. The front castor wheels could also cause a problem if the fork has bent and allowing the front wheel to come in contact with the front edge of the mower deck it may keep the wheel from turning as it should which would cause the same type of issue that you are describing.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did check all of that and also looked underneath at all of the controls connecting to steering and it all looked great. This mower is new, only been used this season and always kept inside
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

I can't think of anything else that might cause the issue that you are having. I will opt out of your question which will allow for one of the other experts here to comment on your problem if they have anything else to add.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Check the drive belt for the two transmissions. It is the only thing that affects the steering and the drive. Belt will be off a pulley!

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Did you find the belt problem?