Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a 2007 Yamaha gas golf cart. Sometimes when press

Customer Question

I have a 2007 Yamaha gas golf cart. Sometimes when press down on the accelerater it just buzzes, let off pedal, try again it turns over and starts. However today sometimes did not always buzz, no sounds at all. After several presses on pedal it would turn over and start right up. Help and thank you..
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Replace the starter solenoid, it is the solenoid at the end of the positive battery cable. The solenoid is what would have been buzzing. The foot switch has to close the solenoid, from what you say, the foot switch seems to be working, so all that is left, is the solenoid.