Briggs-Fan
Briggs-Fan, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  over 15 years experience in small engine repair, multiple certifications
75998144

Model#1696506-00,serial#2016972083. Using first time this

Customer Question

model#1696506-00,serial#2016972083. Using for the first time this year. I put in fresh gas, turned key to on, chock facing 11:00 o'clock, primed twice, plugged in cord and it just turns over. Doesn't sound like it is getting gas. Is there something I am not doing? We had 12 inches of snow over night I really need it, I am 75 year old lady.The blower is almost new. Please help me if you can
Judy
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 1 year ago.

Hi Judy my name is ***** ***** welcome to Just Answer , what brand is your snowblower ?. Also was there gas left in it from last year ? . If so my concern is the carburetor could be gummed up or have bad gas in the carburetor bowl if you can give me the name of the snowblower I'll look for diagrams on how to access the carburetor

Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 1 year ago.

If this is the first time using it try primitive g it 4 times to make sure it's getting gas to the carburetor

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is a Briggs and Stratten snow blower. There was no gas left in from last season. I used it 3 times last year new in December 2014.
Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 1 year ago.

Can you try removing the spark plug and then priming it 5 to 6 times then turn it over a few times this will help get new gas get to the carburetor . Even if the fuel tank was empty these still gas in carburetor bowl, if that's bad it will not run . When you prime it is there any indication gas is getting through ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Here is what I did. I removed the spark plug, whoever designed that is crazy, the plug is good. I primed it then used the electric start. I will try it manually. My friend has the same kind and she couldn't start it either. We did everything the same than I pulled it manually and it started. I am now going home to try to start mine. MY email is***@******.*** that is where I will be after this message.
Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 1 year ago.

Ok I will email you directly

Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 1 year ago.

I just tried to email you but it kicked the email back