Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a Briggs & Strattongenerator. Has been running hrs.

Customer Question

I have a Briggs & Stratton###-##-####generator. Has been running for 80 hrs. without stopping due to power outage. Could be another 3-4 days before restore power. The oil looks a little brown but is still full. I am concerned that the oil is dirty and could harm generator with this constant running. Also how much oil does it take to change it in this unit, does it require any type of filter for oil?
Category: Small Engine
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The email I provided is not in service, please use***@******.***
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Engine holds 1 1/2 quarts of oil. It has low oil lever protection. Without seeing the actual engine, I can't tell if it has oil filter, but I doubt it does. It would be a spin one on the side of the engine , if it has it. It is an option and not common.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Oil should be changed every 100 hours.