JohnF2015
JohnF2015, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Owner/Service Technician at S & J Small Engines
87465640

How do you change a spector gear on a 07 troy built super

Customer Question

How do you change a spector gear on a 07 troy built super bronco
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is***** will be assisting you.

First you will want to remove both drag links from the sector gear by taking the nut off of each and sliding them down off of the stud that they are on. There is one bolt in the sector gear that runs up through the frame that has to be removed. The nut on the top side of this is actually between the frame and the plate that the sector gear is mounted onto you can get to it with an open end wrench in order to hold it to remove it from the bolt. Once you remove the sector gear all you will need to do is reinstall the new one in the reverse order and you will have the machine back together and ready to run again. I am including a diagram of the steering that may help you to figure out how this is assembly, the sector gear is reference number 14.

If you need additional assistance feel free to ask and I will do what I can to help you.

Please take a moment to rate your experience.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
1st of there are 2 bolts ,u can't get to either one .your response was useless and cost me 18 bucks
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

If you feel that you can't get to the bolts to remove the sector plate then you can remove the bracket that it is bolted to by taking the bolts out of the side of the frame that holds it into the frame then let it drop down so that you can access the bolts easier but it is not necessary to do. I have changed a lot of these without doing anything other than removing the two drag links and then the bolt that holds the sector plate on.