Donald
Donald, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  I have 25+ years of experience repairing 2 & 4 cycle engines
72377906

I have Honda twin cylinder GXV530 engine on my mower. Most

Customer Question

I have Honda twin cylinder GXV530 engine on my mower. Most of the time the right cylinder does not run. I've changed plugs and engine stop diode, does not help. Do you all take Pay Pal?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.

Hello, and thank you for choosing Just Answer. My name is***** will be happy to assist you. If you have a PayPal credit or debit card, you can use it.

Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.

During the times when your right cylinder is not working properly, have you checked to see if you are getting spark to your spark plug, on that cylinder, during those times?

Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.

This is only a troubleshooting question. We need to determine to you are loosing spark on that cylinder.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did not have spark on the right side, so I changed plugs and still not spark.
Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for this information. Now that your engine stop diode is new, it is very likely that your ignition coil is at fault.

Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.

We can assume that your ignition switch, and safety switches are all okay, due to the fact that your left cylinder is working. If one of these parts were faulty, both cylinders would be affected.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was led to believe by the older front men that they knew exactly what was wrong with my engine before I paid the $18. But I guess we will keep changing parts until it works. I was going to replace the right coil next, but I thought your front men knew exactly what was wrong i.e. check coil air gap. I have ordered this coil and see if that works as I was planning.
Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.

Hello Vance.

Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.

Did you work with someone else on this site, before you and I started?

Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.

I always prefer to troubleshoot, and find the solution, before recommending the purchase of new parts. Based upon what you and I have covered, it is very likely that your ignition coil is at fault. You have already replaced your engine stop diode.

Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.

We can continue from here. Keep in mind that your satisfaction is very important to me. Please keep me posted. Thanks!