Hank F.
Hank F., Technician
Experience:  Certified on Onan and Generac generators
19372534

Onan model no. DSHAC5789092 I need information on clearances

Customer Question

Onan model no. DSHAC5789092
I need information on clearances required for fire safety.
Fire Marshal holding up a building permit
Your help would be greatly appreciated
Peter
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  staircaseman replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I will help you on your question.

I am researching this model for information. While I am perhaps you can respond to these questions which will guide my response:

Has the fire Marshall cited particular clearances for this product?

Has he cited a particular code? (Typically, municipalities have adopted one of 2 codes, and maybe one of several revisions of each.)

Technically, I can answer your question without this information, but it will allow a more in depth response.

Steve

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need to know what the specifications are for an ONAN Generator, model no. DSHAC5789092 that the manufacturer requires for clearances. This should be stated in the installation manual or owners manual, neither of which we can seem to locate.
I need a copy of this to satisy the Fire Marshal.

Yes, I find nothing for that number either. Perhaps there is a back door to this.

Can you tell me the horsepower of the engine, and the voltage and wattage output?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've verified the model number that I gave you. I was also able to locate the serial number: B070 019 355

Unfortunately, these numbers bring up nothing on searches by 2 different search engines.

Sometimes manufacturers will rework their numbers to reflect changes in their systems. Usually, they will catalog changed numbers with the new ones and a search will take you there. But that doesn't seem to be happening here.

The other information that I asked for might help me circumvent these problems.

Steve

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for checking, and I asked for is the manufacturers specs -not to interpet building codes.
Peter

Sometimes the situational facts can guide our answers. I will open this back to other experts. Maybe they can help.

Best wishes for your problem.

Steve

Expert:  Hank F. replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am going to assist you with this.

As a rule, you should maintain a minimum of 3 feet around this unit, to allow for proper maintenance.

I have uploaded a copy of the Installation manual for you.
Click here to download the manual.

Thank you for using Just Answer, and please don't forget to leave me an appropriate rating.