Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

Have a new Generac 6519 standby Generator. Form the start is

Customer Question

Have a new Generac 6519 standby Generator. Form the start is gives a RPM Sensor loss error. Brand new battery, voltage stays up under load, trickle charge wire connected and providing power. gas pressure good, have automatic switch box, which seems to work, when you turn off main breaker box power, with in 5 seconds, the generator cranks, but will not start. turns over for about 3 seconds and throws the RPM sensor loss error. manual will not start either. reset error, but no go. Just to check, pulled the spark plugs to check for fire and no fire. I'm also assuming the fuel solenoid is not opening, no gas smell from the compression chamber. Disconnected battery also for a while to see if that would reset anything. Fuses all good. Since I did not use a "authorized installer", I'm having trouble getting warranty help. I don't care about the warranty at this point, I just want to fix it. I read somewhere it might be a controller board. Anything else I can do to isolate this issue?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Hank F. replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is Hank.

What is the serial number of the genset?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Finally got Authorized warranty service. Ended up being a loose connection to coil.
Expert:  Hank F. replied 1 year ago.

OK