Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a 12H332-0114-B8 engine. I ordered a 690124 rod, and

Customer Question

I have a 12H332-0114-B8 engine. I ordered a 690124 rod, and received a 798813, which is called out as the superceded number. I am mic'ing the rod at 1.090, and the crank journal at 1.098. Obviously it binds. I can't locate a chart to tell me what the correct specs. should be on either item. Is the a difference in the rods?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Crankshaft shows to be correct. The con rod should be 1.100, !!! Here is the manual on the 120000 series, see section 12 for the specs.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

I would say rod is not machined correctly! If it were for .020 undersize crankshaft, rod could be right.??

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
apparently, you rec'd. my question, and gave me an answer. I have since taken the crank back out of the engine, installed the rod on it and it fits almost perfectly. put everything back together and it binds solid. I do not see what I'm missing.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Did you see the manual I linked?