Hank F.
Hank F., Technician
Experience:  Certified on Onan and Generac generators
19372534

My generator is flashing 3 times which says and will net

Customer Question

my generator is flashing 3 times which says for service and will net start, is there anything I should try?
Category: Small Engine
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my Onan 4000 generator is flashing 3 times which says for service and it will not start, is there anything I should try? I have sprayed Carb cleaner and got it to turn over but it would not stay running.16 November 2015 07:21
Expert:  Hank F. replied 1 year ago.

This sounds like a fuel delivery issue - either you are low on gas, or the fuel pump or carburetor are bad.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks we were able to get it to start but it revs up and down, but runs. It seems to be getting better and we are trying a half cup of carb cleaner in the gas to hopefully get it running smooth again. I am thinking about putting a new spark plug it only has 90 hours on it. Any thing else you can think of?