Hank F.
Hank F., Technician
Experience:  Certified on Onan and Generac generators
19372534

I have a Generac 8Kw standalone from 2010. the weekly test

Customer Question

Hi. I have a Generac 8Kw standalone from 2010. the weekly test has not worked for a few months now, but when I clear the dashboard ("RPM sense loss") I'm able to manually start it.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Hank F. replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am going to try and assist you with this.

What are the model and serial numbers of the genset?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't know the serial number but it shouldn't matter. It's a generac guardian series 8 kW. It runs fine. It's just hat it has not been able to run its exercise every week. It doesn't seem to crank and I get the rpm sense loss notification. When I go into it and reset everything I can start it manually, and I've tested it at the panel and it comes on that way too.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'd like to know what's up with it and if it's just a software glitch or something else.
Expert:  Hank F. replied 1 year ago.

The model and serial numbers do matter.

Generac makes a lot of different gensets, and they do not all operate the same. I need to know which one you have.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Model number: 00058700
Serial number:(###) ###-####
Ive put in a request for a call. If yuo could do so in th enext half hour that would be great (my phone is going to need to charge for about ten minutes now)
Expert:  Hank F. replied 1 year ago.

I'm going to opt out of this question. Perhaps another expert may be able to assist you.